We’ve partnered with Linda Wade, a Salesforce.com Certified Administrator, to help you, Salesforce end users, with your daily tasks. Linda also holds the following certifications: Administration Essentials, Advanced Administration and Salesforce University Certified Instructor for both Essentials and Advanced courses.
Here is a list of 10 tips that can get your on your way to feeling like an expert. Not sure you can tackle these without some context? Call us, we’ll set up a coaching session for you.
- Use inline editing to make quick changes to your data…but don’t forget to Save!
- Create list views to filter your data the way you need to run your business
- To see everything you follow; records, files, people – navigate to your chatter Profile-Overview tab and click ‘Show All’ under the Following section
- Unable to edit data in your List View? Make sure you include the record type field as part of your filter criteria
- Set your Tasks section of the Home Page to “All Open” vs “Overdue”
- When entering numbers use the letter ‘k’ to represent numbers in thousands…such as 7k
- Download this Chrome extension to be able to export results of a List View
- Use the Clone button when available in order to copy records
- Don’t own Opportunities? Create a filter using My Opportunity Teams
- Finding records that match more than 1 criteria? Try using AND between your search criteria. EX: Exxon and Dallas
Follow these tips and you’re well on your way to being a successful Salesforce user.
-Have a thought on our blog post? Please comment below, we love to start new discussions!