AXIOM extends its warmest congratulations to our very own Peter Ward for completing the Pan-Mass Challenge this past weekend! Rain and all! We’re thrilled you did it! And we are so happy to brag about the tough, hard working athletes we have here at AXIOM.
Peter braved some rain and slick roads for a great cause and here’s what he had to say:
“Another GREAT PMC weekend in the books! Though we fought the rain on Saturday and the winds in Provincetown on Sunday we could not have asked for better support. There is something about people thanking you as you ride by that makes wind and rain seem so trivial.
The PMC had many meaningful moments for me this year. Here are just a few:
- I ride with a friend and he lost his wife to cancer last year about a month before and at that time it seemed such a blur. This year we remembered her, rode for her and got a chance to celebrate her life by participating in something that fights the very thing we lost her to
- I also got to see my Dad, who is fighting Leukemia, cheering me on from the side of the road after 100 miles of riding
- Beside him, his girlfriend Kathy and my incredible wife, Beth and daughters, Amanda and Kathryn. I don’t think my wheels touched the ground the last 10 miles
- Pulling into one of the rest stops there are about 30 or 40 pictures lining the road. They are the children we ride for and nothing digs in deeper than knowing what they have went through and are going through
- A friend sent a note to ask that I think of her on the ride this year. She started chemo this past week and though she said it’s not nearly as bad as most she was scared and nervous. We spoke yesterday and she is half way done and feeling much more positive
- And of course, my Mother was on my shoulder the whole ride. I felt her there and shared the sight of hundreds of people cheering us on at 5 am, the sun rising as we crossed the Bourne Bridge and the breath taking beauty of the sand dunes as we rolled into Provincetown
Our goal is $48 Million ~ And I know we’ll hit it!
You can still donate this year and help make a difference. Thank You!”
-Have a thought on our blog post? Please comment below, we love to start new discussions!